Workshop led by Jennifer Innes, MSc
Curious about mindfulness? Interested in learning how to meditate? Discover why so many people are incorporating this simple yet effective way to help quiet the mind, increase attention and awareness, and build resilience. Mindfulness meditation invites us to let go of judgement and unleash our natural curiosity about the workings of the mind, while approaching whatever we are experiencing with kindness toward both ourselves and others.
This 2,600 year old Buddhist practice is now widely used in Western medicine and psychology to reduce stress and anxiety, lift mood, and promote overall health and well-being. Mindfulness is to the mind what physical exercise is to the body: a way to stay fit, flexible, and focused.
This workshop is a great opportunity to experience what mindfulness is and to leave being able to start a practice of your own. During the workshop you will:
- learn how to meditate
- get a taste of different mindfulness practices
- learn about the benefits and misconceptions of meditation
- learn to respond more effectively to stress
- participate in an open forum to discuss mindfulness and ask questions
- be provided with a recording for future practice
Sunday July 7, 2019
Your Investment: $79
Registration: In person, by phone 613-234-7974 or online.